Curious about where to start with your custom gear? We break down some of the basics below, first starting with hats.
Style: The most common
- 5 Panel Trucker: Our favorites. Why? The paneling is simply the amount of fabric pieces sewn together to make the hat. 5 panels is a great mix that has no centerline stitch on your forehead. This is why we love them! Maximum comfort, a great place for your logo, and a classic look.
- 6 Panel Trucker: These are very popular hats, and once broken in are quite comfortable too. But as noted above, one trade off is the centerline seam which you can feel until it’s broken in, and maybe always! These are classics though, and great hats too.
- Beanie: The 8" is the most popular, but if you want a big fuzzy ball on the top, a shorter 6", or the longer 12" let us know!
Rear closure for hats
- Snapback: Plastic snaps work great, hold up wonderfully, and fit nearly everyone.
- Velcro closure: These can be dialed in to micro adjust for the optimum fit. They last a long time too, but if you wash your hat a lot just be sure to close it completely (match the hook to the loop) in the washer so that lint doesn’t fill up the velcro.
Oh this one is magic, and is tough to pick since there are so many options! But, we keep stock on the main classics, black, gray, blue, charcoal, and some fun other options. You’ll want to ideally pick a color that doesn’t clash with your logo.
Flat Bill or Curved hats?
Flat Bills are, well, flat! Curved bills have a curve to them (the classic look). Can you put a curve in a flat bill? Yes, but it generally doesn’t look quite right.
Typical width of embroidery is 2.5" to 3", and the height is scaled per your logo. Our product customizer on the site maxes at 3" wide, but if you want a bigger design just let us know. Logo's very a lot in terms of how a machine interprets and embroiders them. Do you have have fine text or super tiny detail in your logo? Consider how big that text will be in relation to being 3" wide. Embroidery machines can do some pretty impressive detail, but the needle and thread size has some limits of course. Not sure on how it will embroider? No problem, just submit your design and we can always make suggestions and help with design edits.
Will I get a proof before running my order?
We send a digital proof for approval before running production, and the digital rendering you can make in our customizer should match as well too.
How Long Will My Order Take?
Typical lead time is 1 to 2 weeks for embroidery. Rush orders are available too.
Should I pick embroidery or screenprint?
Most common for custom hats, beanies, and polos is embroidery. Screen print is the most common for t-shirts. How are the two different? Embroidery uses a needle and thread to stitch out your logo. Screen printing essentially uses a template of your art to transfer ink to the product. Both look great and the choice is often a personal preference. Embroidery is generally looked at as the more premium option.
Can I choose multiple product colors in a design to get the combined price break?
Of course! If you're ordering a custom Richardson 112 snapback for example, you could pick 12 black, 12 orange, and 12 pink to get the 36 piece pricing.
How many thread colors can I pick?
We will do up to 7 for free. Our machines can do up to 15 in one logo and additional thread colors are available for a small up charge. Note that we stock a lot of colors, but there are tons to choose from. So if you have a thread that doesn't match perfectly to our inventory we'll gladly order it in at no extra charge, it just may add a few days.